Did you just start a Facebook business page? Yes? Great.
Starting a company page is a breakthrough moment in helping your brand go social. Although this is just one of many ways to help boost your online presence, give yourself a pat on the back for taking a step forward!
So you’ve set up your page. What’s next? Here are a few tips to help you succeed:
1. Page Info: Make sure you’ve filled out all those fields. Hours, “About” sections (both long and short descriptions) – all fields are important. Do it.
2. Vanity URL: Where it says Facebook Web Address (under page info) you can create a custom vanity URL. This means you can change your FB web URL from www.facebook.com/5687dfhd to something that can actually be remembered. Like, www.facebook.com/.
3. Cover/Profile image: These are key to viewers. Choose something that aligns with your brand but isn’t overpowering. DO NOT make both images the same, especially if it just says your company name. That’s a little over-kill. Take a look at ours for a little inspiration: GrowthWeaver.
4. Liking/Commenting: (This is important!). When you comment, share… or really post anything to your business page, you are posting as a business, not yourself. If you think your post is so great that you must Like it (I do this all the time! No judgment here), make sure to switch over to your personal account.
For visual reference, here’s how to do that:
5. Posting: Have fun with your posts. Just remember – it’s called SOCIAL media for a reason. Post relevant content, pictures and articles and make sure to engage with followers.
Congrats! You’re now ready to show your business to the Facebook world. Just know, if you’re having trouble juggling running your social platforms AND your business, the experts at GrowthWeaver are always here to help!